Valley View South Elementary is sharing information about the district and your child's campus with you as part of its obligations under the federal No Child Left Behind Act of 2001(NCLB)
NCLB Report Cards for the state as a whole, the district, and each of the district's campuses are now available on the district's website at www.vviewisd.net.
The school report card for Valley View South Elementary has information that includes:
• Assessment results disaggregated by race/ethnicity, gender, disability status, migrant status, English proficiency, and economically disadvantaged showing two-year trend data (across the most recent previous two school years) for each subject and grade tested:
• by performance level,
• with a comparison between annual objectives and actual performance for each student group, and
• the percentage of each group of students not tested.
• performance of our school on adequate yearly progress (AYP) measures.
• number and names of Title I schools identified as in need of improvement, including the stage of improvement and AYP indicator missed by any schools identified for improvement.
• professional qualifications of teachers in the LEA and campuses, including the percentage of teachers teaching with emergency or provisional credentials and the percentage of classes in the LEA and campuses that are not taught by highly qualified teachers, including a comparison between high-and low-poverty schools.
This report card will be discussed at our next P.T.O. meeting on February 26, 2013 at 6:00 p.m.
If you have difficulty accessing the information from the web site, hard copies of the reports are available at the district central office or through the campus principal’s office. If you have questions about the information, please contact us at 340-1650.
Nancy Montemayor, Principal